Thursday 26 January 2017

"Don't just stand there. Move! Act! Save!"


Heeeey everybody!

I cannot believe that a week has already flown by! Seriously it has gone soooo fast! I am so grateful and excited every day when I wake up that I get to be here in the MTC and on the Lord's errand!

My first day was wonderful! My MTC President and his wife (President and Sister Howes) are so amazing! I love them so much! We had orientation when we first came in after I got my badge! I love my badge!
We had individual interviews with one of the MTC Presidency and I was able to have mine with President Howes. It was such an amazing spiritual experience for me. He asked me to open it up with a prayer, and I didn't even get five words into my prayer and I just started crying. The spirit was so overwhelming there was nothing else that I felt like doing. By the time I finished (we were kneeling) I said Amen and looked down and I literally had a puddle of tears on the table hahaha

President Howes casually passed me the box of tissues. My interview with him was amazing. Before we finished he left me with two invitations. He asked if I wanted the hard one or the easy one first. I said the hard one. He invited me to read the White Handbook (about missionary conduct) and to mark every time I see the work "never" and "always" and to count them up. The second invitation he said would be easy but might be hard at the same time. He asked me if i would be the Sister Trainer Leader. Of course I said yes to both! My purpose is to help each Sister Missionary to succeed at the MTC. I love all of my sisters so much! There are 32 sisters in this intake and they are all such beautiful sisters with so much love for our Saviour and they truly have been prepared at this time to serve in the Lord's vineyard.

I wake up each morning and make sure the sisters are awake and getting ready for breakfast which is at 7am, and I get to say goodnight to all of them to make sure they're in their rooms by 9:45pm. I also have to do some other things like turning lights on and off, running devotionals and closing/opening laundry, blahblahblah but my favourite is definitely the time I get to spend with the sisters!

My companion is my favourite! Her name is Sister Koy (Sister Nuicakau) but she shortened it so it was easier for everyone. She is from an Island in Fiji - Taveuni. I love her so much! She really keeps me on my toes, she is so full of energy! And she is so selfless and helps me so much with the responsibilities I have to do as STL. The sisters here are wonderful. They all have so much love and their light is beautiful. The places where they have been called to serve are truly blessed to have such beautiful young women! I wish I could take them all to Sydney South with me. I am in the Joseph District. I love them so much as well. I have had amazing spiritural experiences and they have really helped me become a better missionary and a better daughter of God.

My teachers Sister Falesii and Brother Poutoa and Sister Lavelua have been amazing instruments in the Lord's hands to help prepare us for the mission field. I have learned so much in this past week and I cannot wait for my testimony to grow even more throughout the next 18 months! Our schedule is really packed. Always busy! And I love it! Always having things to study, investigators (people learning about the gospel) to prepare lessons for, evening devotionals to prepare, companionship study and planning. I really love it! The food here is amazing as well. And dang the portions are massive! One of the Sisters, Sister Thompson and I do a circuit of running five laps and walking another five (or until our physical time is up). It's really awesome because it's such an awesome time to talk to her and get to know her. There is another Sister, her name is Sister Liu from Hong Kong. She usually sits down and reads during this time, and we invited her to run with us. She said she would but I would have to carry her hahhahaha, but instead (because I'm not strong) when we finished running we grab her to come do the walking circuits with us! Yesterday was awesome because she ran a couple with us too!

The spirit here is so strong. During the first few days there were times when I felt like bursting into tears because I was so happy! I just want to share an experience I had the other day! So I had a dream that I was standing on a dock, and there was a little boy swimming in the water. All of a sudden a strong tide came and the young boy was being swept into a whirlpool. I saw him but for some reason I couldn't move and then before I knew it he was gone! I woke up so confused wondering why I had this dream? Fast-forward to the middle of the day. My companion and I had a visit with one of our investigators Tyrone. We were sharing our third lesson with him and my companion and I had decided before we went in that we would invite him to be baptised. However, by the time we left that appointment we never extended the invitation. When we were evaluating how we went I had this feeling that I can't quite explain but it just didn't feel right. I knew we should have extended that invitation to him, but for some reason we hesitated.

As I was reflecting on that experience and also my dream, I came up with a new motto. "Don't just stand there. Move! Act! Save!" Just like the little boy in my dream that was swept away in the whirlpool and just like my investigator Tyrone; we were too slow to act, and that opportunity may never come again. I know that the appointments that we have are practice ones but this feeling of regret and not extending an invitation to be baptised to come closer to Christ is something I don't want to feel in a real situation. My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end. To put it in five simple words i am to "teach repentance and baptise converts" and that cannot happen if I do not move, act and save!

 I love you all

I am so grateful for my Saviour! And all that he has done for me and each of us to be able to return to live with our Heavenly Father again. I am so grateful for my sisters here in the MTC for making this experience more than amazing and for strengthening my testimony that our saviour is always mindful of us and our needs. I am grateful to be serving in the Sydney South Mission. I know that there are people there waiting for me to move, act and save! to bring them to the knowledge of what can bring true happiness not only into our individual lives but to the lives of our families and all our loved ones! I am grateful to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. There is no place I would rather be right now!

Sorry I'm running out of time! There is so much that I want to share with you but I will try to get it all in next week!

I love you all!

Sorry we cannot send photos so you're going to have to wait until I am in Australia for them!

PS: I’m like a grandma and don't know how to add all my contacts onto my email so...i'm just gonna say sorry on here if you didn't get it... not that you'll be reading it coz you won't be getting this email bahhaha.


3 comments:

  1. This is amazing �� that it has enlighten my afternoon here at work. I can feel the love and her spirit toward our Heavenly Father and her fellow brothers and sisters at the MTC. Sister Roos is put into the work and she's losing herself. I love her and can not wait for the next adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! Love her Mantra to MOVE, ACT and SAVE. She's definitely hit the ground running!!! Watch out Sydney...

    ReplyDelete
  3. BELOVED IN CHRIST,GOD KNOWS YOU AND HE LOVES YOU,BUT BECAUSE HE IS TRUTH,HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LDS BUNK. THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TOTALLY WORTHLESS(NEVER A TRIBE OF ISRAEL WENT TO THE AMERICAS TO GIVE BIRTH TO THE NATIVES-THE DNA TEST DENIES IT- AND FAR LESS THE LORD JESUS. TRULY,THE SO CALLED ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPT WAS A MERE LIST OF OBITUARIES WRITTEN IN THE OLD LANGUAGE OF EGYPT,... AND THE "APOSTLES" IN SALT LAKE KNOW IT WELL). JOSEPH AND HYRUM WERE FREE MASONS INVOLVED IN OCCULTISM(MANY RITUALS IN THE TEMPLES COME FROM MASONRY). TURN TO THE LORD JESUS HUMBLY AND EARNESTLY,READ THE NEW TESTAMENT AND DO,IF YOU WANT A SERIOUS RESEARCH ABOUT THIS RELIGION AND OUR HEAVENLY FATHER(WHO HAS ALWAYS BEEN GOD AND NOT A MAN) SHALL SAVE YOU WITH HIS ALMIGHTY LOVE. IN HIS LOVE AND TRUTH

    ReplyDelete