Monday 20 February 2017

How great is it to know that our Saviour Jesus Christ, the Shepherd of us all, will receive each of us?

DOWN UNDER AND IT'S HOT, REALLY HOT!!
13th Feb, 2017

Heeeey y'all!
How are you? Hope everyone is doing great! Especially my Elders and Sisters who are out in their fields now serving! Sorry I have to do a massive group mail because I have 22 minutes to write y'all hahhaahhaha

So, I have been born in the bush! I love it so much! The weather is hecka hot! The other day we were out street contacting and knocking on doors with the temperature at about 44 degrees celcius - so that's heaps hot! The wind is useless because it just feels like a brick wall of hot air hitting you nonstop!

It's so funny! But I love the heat and I love the people! A lot of them don't believe in God but that's about to change hahha. My companion is Sister Niu from La'ie!  woopwoop Red raiders represent! She's so awesome! I'm learning so much from her and I love her heaaaaps!
This week we have been doing a lot of contacting and following up with potential investigators. On Thursday - my first full day we had a lesson with an investigator and we invited her to be baptised! She said yes! The next step is to get her committed to coming to church on Sundays so that will be the next step we have to take!
Church yesterday was awesome! I definitely felt welcomed. I did the opening prayer, led the four hymns and gave a five minute talk; if that's not a warm welcome, I don't know what is! The members are wonderful and I can't wait for there to be more! woohoo

So just a couple of scriptures I want to share!

In John 21:15-17; this is where Christ is speaking to Simon Peter. Now let's just think of Simon here, he loves fishing!  He loves his boat and his nets! The saviour asks him "Simon Peter...lovest thou me more than these?" and he says"yea lord, thou knowest that I love thee" and what does the saviour say? Feed my lambs. Jesus Christ asks him twice more, and Simon answers yes. Jesus Christ follows by saying feed my sheep. So are y'all catching on to what I'm talking about?  Instead of Simon Peter, I want you to substitute your name in and read it again.

If we love the Saviour, if we really love him, we will leave behind the things that we love.  We will leave the comfort of what we know how to do in order to follow Jesus Christ. We will put away the distractions that keep us from being able to follow Him and to help feed His sheep. His sheep are those of our brothers and sisters who do not know about our loving Heavenly Father and our Saviour Jesus Christ. They are our brothers and sisters who do not know that there is a plan for each of us, a purpose as to why we are each here on earth and that there is more for us after we pass through this life. The sheep are our brothers and sisters who do not know where to turn, or who to turn to when they are having struggles in their lives or have questions they wish people could answer.

BUT we know the truth. We know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is what our brothers and sisters need, and because we know this, it is our responsibility - if we truly love the saviour -  to share this with them! I am set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-days Saints.  I am called to serve but each of you also has that responsibility!  So, I invite each of you to do that!  Invite others to come unto Christ!  Be an example.  Help those receive the knowledge of our loving Heavenly Father and our Saviour Jesus Christ.  Help them understand that our Saviour makes it possible for us to live with Him, our Heavenly Father and our families for eternity!

In Mosiah 26:20, in the Book of Mormon, it says "thou are my servant; and I covenant with thee that thou shalt have eternal life; and thou shalt serve me and go forth in my name, and shalt gather together my sheep.”  Verse 21 says "and he that will hear my voice shall be my sheep; and him shall ye receive into the Church, and him will I also receive".
How great is this promise?  If we bring our brothers and sisters to the fold, to the knowledge of Jesus Christ, He promises that he will receive them.  How great is it to know that our Saviour Jesus Christ, the Shepherd of us all, will receive each of us?

I love you all so much! Sorry I don't have much time to write!

Love you,

Sister Roos xx

No comments:

Post a Comment