Tuesday 25 July 2017

When we fall short - the Saviour pays the rest!

Monday 17th July, 2017

Helloooo everyone! Happy Monday! 

It's that time again...transfers next week! Let me tell you, time is flying by soooo fast! I can't believe it! Sister Taeu and I have been seeing miracle after miracle this week! One miracle - we were following up with potential investigators and we knocked on a door and then the lady said “I'm a member! I'm a member!” We got so excited! Sheand her husband invited us in and we talked and shared a message with them. They told us that the husband's brother is inactive and he and his family go to another church, but they are open to having missionaries visit! How cool is that? They are in Tonga at the moment for a wedding but they get back this week so we have an appointment on Thursday! I'm singing at the Tongan Ward's musical fireside on Sunday, and the sons are musically talented so I'm going to ask them to sing and play the guitar for me; not the tricky ones.  Anyways, that’s one of the miracles this week!


Last week I invited you all to worship our Saviour and Heavenly Father throughout your week - through your actions and thoughts. How many of you were able to do this?

This week I want to share a story with you!
When I was in Bathurst my companion Sister Niu shared a story with me from an Ensign.

There was a lady standing in line at the grocery store waiting to purchase her items. In front of her at the register was a lady who was paying for her things but she didn't have enough. She was rummaging through her bag looking for the extra money to pay the excess of her amount. The people in line behind her were getting frustrated and making comments like "Why is she here if she can't pay for what she needs!" and "Tell her to leave if she can't pay!" This specific lady instead of making comments or judging, pulled out the money to cover the rest of her payment. After the lady did this, the others in line turned their comments to her and said "Why would you help her if she can't even pay for what she has?" and "You're wasting your money, you should have kept it for yourself."

Believe it or not, at one time or another we are the lady at the cash register. We all fall short. We fall short of the Glory of God. We fall short because of sin. We fall short because we are mortal. But there is one person who has paid the difference for us - the Saviour!  And because of the Saviour our price is paid in FULL!

During this mortal life we face times where we feel inadequate or where we feel that we cannot carry on. It is during these experiences that we are able to call upon the Saviour in mighty prayer and ask for his help - this help being made possible through His Atonement. 

Quick experience: When Sister Niu and I were in Bathurst, we were driving to an appointment - an hour away - we were halfway there and I realised we didn't put gas in the car ... (We had planned to but things had come up and then I forgot hahha) Anyways, we checked the amount of gas we had left and compared it to the amount of kilometres we had to go to the next gas station. Now keep in mind, we are out in the middle of nowhere, we had 25 kilometres of gas left and 27 kilometres until the closest gas station. Let's just say we were praying hard! As we were driving I could see the amount gas we were using per kilometre was way less than usual. When we were 2 minutes away from the gas station we had 7 kilometres left and as soon as we drove into the gas station and got next to the pump it cleared to zero. Now is that a miracle? Or is that a miracle? Yes, Sister Roos should have remembered to put gas in the car but remember I'm human; I make mistakes (hahhaha). This was a time when the Saviour literally paid the rest when I didn't have enough! Our gas should have run out long before we reached the gas station and yet we made it there with gas to spare.

I know that the Saviour loves each of us! I know that he has paid the difference for us to repent and be cleansed from sin so that we can return to our Heavenly Father pure. I know that he pays the difference for each of us, individually when we feel inadequate, when we do not feel like we have enough to offer and when we just can't carry on. I have felt the redeeming love that comes through the Atonement of our Saviour Jesus Christ and I know that He lives and loves us!

My invitation to you all this week is to acknowledge what the Saviour has done for you this week in "paying the rest" when you couldn't yourself! I know that as you do this, that your appreciation for Him will increase! You will come to know Him more as you recognise what he does for you each day. 

I love you all!

Sister Roos xx (: (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment