Monday 17 April 2017

Ask, Seek and Knock!

3 April 2017

Monday fun day! How great was your week this week? Let me just tell you mine was awesome! How did you go with the invitation to face your trials and hard times with the mindset of learning something? With the attitude of knowing that specific trial was for your benefit? Well! Let me tell you it sure did help me this week! And I hope it was able to bring each of you a bit closer to appreciating your hard times!

Yesterday (fast Sunday) Sister Niu and I went tracting on this street and no one, and I mean NO ONE wanted anything to do with us hahhahaha. We had three doors in a row that got slammed in our faces before we even got three words out of our mouths; it was so funny. You see them open the door smiling, then they have a look at your badge and their facials completely change to anger and then all you see is the door slam in a span of 10 seconds.

It’s always sad to see but hey! What can you do, right? Everyone has their agency and the right to choose!
It is up to us to extend the invitation to learn more and give them that opportunity.
Anyways, so about an hour goes by of this and then all of a sudden we knock on this man's door. His name is Gordon and was hilarious; he was full on #storytime! He's into family history so we invited him to come to the chapel on the days that family history is happening and he accepted so we will hopefully see him sometime soon!
The next house we went to was this elderly lady - Cathleen. She is so nice! She invited us in and we talked to her for about 45 minutes and then sang her a song. She invited us back to see her next week so that will be exciting! 


The moral of my two experiences - the tender mercies of the Lord are real! And when we are going through something hard it is because he is preparing us for something amazing! For great blessings! And they both were great blessings to Sister Niu and I amidst all the rejection that we had been facing! I LOVE IT! Don't you?

So I'm reading the New Testament, my goal for this transfer (a transfer is six weeks, and I just started week 3) is to finish it! I'm doing well so far; I made a timetable on where I should be at the end of each day and at the end of each week so that I can finish it by then and I'm in Luke 22 now! I love studying the New Testament! How great it is! 

There was a scripture that really stood out as I was preparing to write you all! This scripture I really love! (I love heaps of scriptures but right now I especially love this one).

It is found in Luke 11:9-10:
"And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."

How great is this scripture? And how great is this promise? The Saviour promises us that if we are WILLING to ask, WILLING to seek and WILLING to knock we will receive, we will find and it shall be opened! If that isn't a beautiful promise to each of us then I don't know what is!

Have you ever had a question that you have desired so much to be answered but no one knew the answer? Have you ever sought for something that you wanted more than anything else but couldn't find it? Have you ever needed a door opened to lead you somewhere but for some reason it never would? 

Our Saviour is the One. 
The Saviour is the One who has all the answers because He knows all.
The Saviour is the One who can lead us to where we seek because holds the map for all that you desire.
The Saviour is the One who opens the door because He stands on the other side waiting.

How grateful I am for a loving Saviour who is WILLING and WAITING to help each of us with all that we stand in need of! All we must do is ASK, SEEK and KNOCK!

So my invitation to you all this week is easy! If there is a question that you long to be answered - ASK our Heavenly Father through the Saviour in sincere prayer! He will answer! If there is something you desire - SEEK after it and our Saviour will lead you there! If there is a door that you can't open - KNOCK and our Saviour will open it! I promise you that as your desires are righteous and according to His will for you and your life that they will happen! I have seen my prayers answered as I have prayed with the greatest sincerity of my heart with the intent to act. I have witnessed my life being led by Him as I have sought to follow his will for my life. I have seen doors been opened before me as I have knocked. How great is our Saviour! I pray that you will each take this opportunity to do this in the coming week!

Love,

Sister Roos (: (: 

30 degrees inside, so we're sitting in the A/C in our car eating lunch

After finding out that we didn't have to wash our car, urgghhhh

7km's later and our investigator wasn't home - and it's hot, hot, hot!!

Our new Bathurst Branch

We're off on another hike!!

What now? More biking

This is a snorkel on the truck!

Out tracting in the evening with Sister Niu




No comments:

Post a Comment