Monday 24 April 2017

Partaker of the Divine Nature

18th April - A Tuesday P-day

And it is a terrific Tuesday out here in Bathurst! We work on public holidays out here so our P-day got changed from Monday to Tuesday!
 

How did you all do with your invitation from last week to allow repentance to change you? I hope you all took the time to be changed this week! I know I sure did! One thing to remember is that sin is anything that draws you away from God. Sometimes we think that we only have to repent about any big mistakes that we make, when actually it is for anything big or small that draws us away or points us away from God. I for one am not perfect! I have need for repentance every single day - if not hourly! Sometimes I think negatively about situations, sometimes I look back on my day and know that I have not worked as hard as I possibly could have. I have things that I need to CHANGE or IMPROVE on! And it is great! Repentance is real! And Repentance is awesome!

My message is short this week!

2 Peter 1:4-7
"Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
And to Godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity."

How many of us would like to be partakers of the divine nature? Who would like to escape the corruption that is in this world? In these few verses we learn how!

Elder Robert L. Wells says:
"Control your thoughts because they become the words you use.
Control your words because they become the actions you perform.
Control your actions because they become the character you reflect.
Control your character because your character becomes your destiny.
Control your destiny by becoming what your Heavenly Father and Saviour, Jesus Christ want you to be."

How great is it to know that as we continue to CHANGE and IMPROVE areas of our lives, it has an effect on all other aspects! I for one want to be a partaker of the divine nature! 
In 2 Peter 1:8-11 we learn of some blessings that we receive as we strive to be partakers of the divine nature: 

"For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins,
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: FOR IF YE DO THESE THINGS, YE SHALL NEVER FALL:
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."

These are blessings that I wish to receive and I hope that you desire them too! My invitation to you this week is to make at least one change or improvement in your life to be a partaker of the divine nature, to escape the corruption of the world! 

I love you all!

Sister Roos (: (: 






No comments:

Post a Comment